Swiss Cheese Plant
Swiss Cheese Plant
The Swiss cheese plant (Monstera adansonii) gets its common name from its large, heart-shaped leaves that develop holes as the plant ages (in a process called fenestration). This makes the leaves resemble Swiss cheese.
The Monstera Adansonii is a popular houseplant known for its unique and striking foliage. It has dark green leaves with natural oval-shaped holes that give it a distinctive appearance, making it a highly sought-after addition to any indoor garden. The plant is native to South and Central America and can grow up to 3 meters long, making it perfect for hanging baskets or climbing up trellises.
Light: Does best in bright indirect light, but can also grow in lower light
Watering Frequency: A thorough “drink” is our recommendation, making sure to allow the water to come out of the drainage holes. Excess water should be emptied immediately from the saucer. Check the soil with your fingertip to ensure the top 2-3 cinches have dried out before you rewater.
Soil: No special requirements
Humidity: Average household humidity will be fine. Remember, this is a tropical, so an occasional misting will be much appreciated.
Pests: Can be affected by spider mites and aphids. Wipe the leaves with warm water and dish soap or neem oil to combat pests.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight as this can burn the leaves
- Yellowing/browning leaves are symptoms of overwatering – it is always better to under water
- Curling and wilting are symptoms of underwatering
- Toxic if ingested
How to Order
Thanks so much for shopping with us! We want to make this as simple and smooth as possible.
1. PICK UP
If you are local to the Baxter area, place your order online and select "PICK UP" at checkout. Orders are typically ready within 24 hours.
2. LOCAL DELIVERY
Want your order delivered? No problem!
- Select "SHIP" at checkout
- Enter the address you would like your order delivered to in the Shipping Address
- Click "CONTINUE TO SHIPPING"
- Select "LOCAL DELIVERY". You can then enter any special instructions and what you would like us to put on your card in the "delivery instructions" section!
If you have any questions, give us a call at (931) 858-4414 or email us at email@example.com